Keepers Tour: Cobbled Classics 2015
April 2015 // Lille, France
The Hardmen. They inspire us; we aspire to be one among them. They are the solitary voice among the thousands in our heads that tell us to keep pushing when all the others tell us to stop. Their long shadows look on in approval as we pull on our cold and wet weather gear and head out into the elements to ride.
Every serious Cyclist is a hard man or woman; it comes with the territory. But to be given the title of Hardman, one must be more than just tough. The Hardmen stand out among the rest as the ones who ride over the savage, jagged cobblestones of Northern Europe with a souplesse that is possessed only by those riders who thrive in the most torturous of road cycling’s domains: The Cobbled Classics of Northern Europe.
Velominati has partnered up with Pavé Cycling Classics, based in Northern France, to offer the chance to walk where Giants tread and pedal through the trench of Arenberg and up the devastating cobbled steeps of the Koppenberg and Kapelmuur. To pedal with the Pros during their reconnaissance of the Paris-Roubaix route.
As if that isn’t good enough, we offer the opportunity to do this with a local Cycling star; in past years this has been the last Lion of Flanders, Johan Museeuw. We will be joined again by Johan for our Thursday Roubaix Recon Ride with the Pros… in 2013 Johan did this ride with us, and at the Carrefour we got to meet a lot of Pros past and present, including Eric Vanderaerden.
Velominati’s Keepers Tour: Cobbled Classics will be back in 2015 and guided by the Velominati Keepers in partnership with Pavé Cycling Classics over nine days in April during the most sacred time of the season, the week when de Ronde van Vlaanderen and Paris Roubaix are held. Details and booking information will be announced in the coming days.
Our trip is an all-expenses included trip. By this we mean that once you’ve managed to get yourself to Lille, you could put your wallet in a locker and leave it until you return back in Lille nine days later. We cover all transport, food, energy drink and bars, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and all the beer and wine you can drink. The beer supplied is the full line of Malteni beers, which is owned and managed by the Pavé Cycling Classics owners, William and Alex.
- Friday April 3rd: Pick up at Gare Lille Europe train station
- Saturday April 4th: Paris Roubaix 100km discovery ride
- Sunday April 5th: Ronde Van Vlaanderen Pro race at De Oude Kwaremont
- Mon April 6th: 3h Flanders discover ride + visit Jaegher Bicycles Workshop (and Malteni brewery-time permitting).
- Tue April 7th: Morning visit National bicycle museum at Roeselare + 3h Gent Wevelgem ride
- April 8th: Morning at Gent Velodrome + Scheldeprij Pro Race
- April 9th: Paris-Roubaix ride with the Pros 150km from Troisvilles to Roubaix with Johan Museeuw
- April 10th: Recovery ride around the gite + AG2R Pro Team meeting
- April 11th: Tour of Flanders ride + RVV Museum visit
- April 12th: Paris-Roubaix Pro race at Troisvilles, Forest of Arenberg and Carrefour de l’Arbre. Drop off at Lille Rail station or hotel in the evening
Weekender packages are available for both weekends of the Tour. 750Euro per person gets you all amenities including transfers to and from Lille station, all meals, snacks, beer and wine, full van support and energy food and drink for the rides.
First Weekend: Ride Paris-Roubaix, including lap of velodrome and sacred showers. Spectate Ronde van Vlaanderen on Oude Kwaremont.
Second Weekend: Ride the classical Ronde course including Muur/Kapelmuur, visit Ronde Museum, spectate Paris-Roubaix at three spots including Forest of Arenberg and Carrefour de l’Arbre.
Bookings are closed for this event.